Akismet protects your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep.
• Go to Plugins
Akismet comes pre-installed in all WordPress blogs but there is still and API required for this plugin to be activated. How to Get API for free?
• Click on “enter your Akismet API key” link.
• Then go to Akismet.com signup page, and click “Personal Signup.” Enter all the information needed such as First name, Last name and Email.
• On the right side under “WHAT IS AKISMET WORTH TO YOU?”
shift the slider to the leftmost point until it shows $0.00/yr.
• Just click on the “Continue” button and you’ll get your own Akismet API key for free in your inbox. Simple copy then paste the key in you WP installation.
Use Akismet and stay spam free forever.
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
- Source: learn more…