“All in One SEO Pack optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization)”
• Go to Plugins, and then type “All in one SEO Pack” on the search box. Click Install Now and activate the plugin.
• Once you have installed and activated the plugin in WordPress, you can see it under Settings on the dashboard menu.
• It is important to go through the main settings. You’ll notice a number of default values and check boxes are already active.
Home Title – Is the Meta title of the blog. This will be the title that all users will see in their browsers.
Home Description – Also known as Meta description. The description should be no longer than 160 characters.
Home Keywords – This is where you can add keywords that you want to target.
Canonical URLs – check the box if your site should use canonical URLs
Rewrite Title – check the box if the titles of the posts, pages, category pages and archive pages should be written as determined on the other title settings.
Other Title Settings: Post Title Format, Page Title Format, Category Title, Archive Title Format, Tag Title Format, Search Title Format
• Formats are given on the field. All you have to do is to supply the needed details. It uses vertical bar to separate the titles instead of hyphens.
Description Format – Format of the Meta description of a post or page 404-Title Format – This can have a specific type of Meta Title
Paged Format – It is relevant for multi-paged posts and entries
Other Options: SEO for Custom Post Types, Use Categories for Meta keywords, Use Tags for Meta keywords, Dynamically Generate Keywords for Posts Page, Use noindex for Categories, Use noindex for Archives, Use noindex for Tag Archives, Autogenerate Descriptions, Capitalize Category Titles
• Check the box depending on what you want with your blog/ site
Exclude Pages – You can list here all the pages that you don’t want to be indexed by Google
Don’t forget to click on the “Update Options” button after making all the changes.