Printing remains an integral part of any marketing campaign. While digital media has taken the business landscape by storm, leaflets are still relevant if you are building a new campaign. According to the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), 48% of consumers respond to leaflet distribution while less than 21% respond to TV adverts.
This highlights the power of flyer printing in the contemporary advertising environment. While these advertising tools are highly effective, the design you choose largely determines whether you will meet your campaign’s objective.
Why Use Print?
Brochures are cheap to produce and they are also more affordable than most of the advertising options available today. They also elicit more feedback and can be used to meet different business objectives including educating, promoting, entertaining and branding. Consumers find these easy to read and they are kept for the future response, unlike other marketing tools whose message may be difficult to remember. What’s more, they complement your online advertising strategy to enhance visibility and increase conversion rates.
The Dos of Flyer Printing
To succeed with this form of marketing, ensure you do the following:
- Keep it simple: The design and message should fly off the page. The reader should immediately know your company name from the logo, find the message and the call-to-action (CTA) in less than 3 seconds. Avoid a cluttered design that will distract the eye.
- Know your buyers’ characteristics: If you don’t know your target customer’s persona then your campaign will not work. Start by creating a buyer’s persona and profile to understand what they do, what they like, their behavior and motivation in order to come up with a strategy that will work.
- Add a call-to-action (CTA): Make sure you tell your target customers what you want them to do. The CTA should reflect your business objective; do you want them to go to your website? Do you want them to come to your store for discounts, are you looking for referrals? The CTA must be concise and clearly stated for better impact.
The Don’ts of Flyer UseHere are some of the pitfalls to avoid in flyer printing:
- Don’t get verbose: Most marketers say too much forgetting that the attention of the modern consumer is shorter than ever. A print full of text is an immediate turnoff for the reader.
- Don’t lose focus: Remember the core objective and stick to it by providing all necessary details. Make sure your contact information, including the website URL, is included.
- Don’t skimp on paper quality: These promotional tools are inexpensive, but this doesn’t mean you should use poor quality paper. If it looks and feels cheap, it directly reflects on your brand, and readers will perceive it.
By building your buyers’ persona, providing necessary details and using a creative call to action you will give a boost to your promotional campaign.
Alberta Printing is a one-stop supplier for identity & marketing support. We offer digital printing services in Calgary including Flyer Printing, Business Forms printing, Brochures, Rack Cards, Business Cards & many more. We are the complete In-house Print Service provider in Calgary. CALL Now @403-291-5351.
What else is on...