This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your webserver will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
The static html files will be served to the vast majority of your users, but because a user’s details are displayed in the comment form after they leave a comment those requests are handled by the legacy caching engine. Static files are served to:
- Users who are not logged in.
- Users who have not left a comment on your blog.
- Or users who have not viewed a password protected post.
99% of your visitors will be served static html files. Those users who don’t see the static files will still benefit because they will see different cached files that aren’t quite as efficient but still better than uncached. This plugin will help your server cope with a front page appearance on digg.com or other social networking site.
If for some reason “supercaching” doesn’t work on your server then don’t worry. Caching will still be performed, but every request will require loading the PHP engine. In normal circumstances this isn’t bad at all. Visitors to your site will notice no slowdown or difference. Supercache really comes into it’s own if your server is underpowered, or you’re experiencing heavy traffic. Super Cached html files will be served more quickly than PHP generated cached files but in every day use, the difference isn’t noticeable.
The plugin serves cached files in 3 ways (ranked by speed):
- Mod_Rewrite. The fastest method is by using Apache mod_rewrite (or whatever similar module your web server supports) to serve “supercached” static html files. This completely bypasses PHP and is extremely quick. If your server is hit by a deluge of traffic it is more likely to cope as the requests are “lighter”. This does require the Apache mod_rewrite module (which is probably installed if you have custom permalinks) and a modification of your .htaccess file. Visits by anonymous or unknown users will be served this way.
- PHP. Supercached static files can now be served by PHP. The plugin will serve a “supercached” file if it exists and it’s almost as fast as the mod_rewrite method. It’s easier to configure as the .htaccess file doesn’t need to be changed. You still need a custom permalink. You can keep portions of your page dynamic in this caching mode. Your server may not cope as well with a really large amount of traffic. (You’re gaming Digg aren’t you? You’ll need mod_rewrite, the rest of us are ok with PHP!)
- Legacy caching. This is mainly used to cache pages for known users. These are logged in users, visitors who leave comments or those who should be shown custom per-user data. It’s the most flexible caching method but also the slowest. As each page is different it’s often better not to cache pages for these users at all and avoid legacy caching. Legacy caching will also cache visits by unknown users if this caching mode is selected. You can have dynamic parts to your page in this mode too.
If you’re new to caching use PHP caching. It’s easy to set up and very fast. Avoid legacy caching if you can.download
This plugin allows to clone a post or page, or edit it as a new draft. If you find this useful, please consider donating whatever sum you choose, even just 10 cents. It’s been downloaded thousands of times: just a few cents from every user would help me develop the plugin and improve support.
How it works:
- In ‘Edit Posts’/’Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘Clone’ link below the post/page title: this will immediately create a copy and return to the list.
- In ‘Edit Posts’/’Edit Pages’, you can click on ‘New Draft’ link below the post/page title.
- On the post edit screen, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ above “Cancel”/”Move to trash”.
- While viewing a post as a logged in user, you can click on ‘Copy to a new draft’ as a dropdown link under “Edit Post” in the admin bar.
2, 3 and 4 will lead to the edit page for the new draft: change what you want, click on ‘Publish’ and you’re done.
Pay attention to the new behaviour! The first way now allows you to clone a post with a single click, speeding up your work if you have many posts to duplicate.
There is also a template tag, so you can put it in your templates and clone your posts/pages from the front-end. Clicking on the link will lead you to the edit page for the new draft, just like the admin bar link.
In the Options page under Settings it is now possible to choose what to copy:
- the original post/page date
- the original post/page status (draft, published, pending), when cloning from the posts list
- the original post/page excerpt
- the original post/page attachments (actual files won’t be copied)
- all the children of the original page
- which taxonomies and custom fields
You can also set a prefix (or a suffix) to place before (or after) the title of the cloned post/page, and the roles allowed to clone posts or pages.
If you want to contribute to translate the plugin in languages other than English, there is a GlotPress translation project available (no registration required! — You can also send me an e-mail using the form on my website).
If you’re a plugin developer, I suggest to read the section made just for you under “Other Notes”, to ensure compatibility between your plugin(s) and mine.
Thanks for all the suggestions, bug reports, translations and donations, they’re frankly too many to be listed here!Download
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
PS: You’ll need an Akismet.com API key to use it. Keys are free for personal blogs; paid subscriptions are available for businesses and commercial sites.Download
This plugin will let you add, remove and arrange the buttons that are shown on the Visual Editor toolbar. It includes 15 plugins for TinyMCE that are automatically enabled or disabled depending on what buttons are chosen.
Some of the features added by this plugin
- Support for creating and editing tables.
- More options when inserting lists.
- Search and Replace in the editor.
- Ability to set Font Family and Font Size.
- And many others.
With this plugin you will also be able to enable the TinyMCE menu. It is a convenient way to access a lot of features that are not used frequently.Download
Advanced Custom Fields is the perfect solution for any WordPress website which needs more flexible data like other Content Management Systems.
- Visually create your Fields
- Select from multiple input types (text, textarea, wysiwyg, image, file, page link, post object, relationship, select, checkbox, radio buttons, date picker, true / false, repeater, flexible content, gallery and more to come!)
- Assign your fields to multiple edit pages (via custom location rules)
- Easily load data through a simple and friendly API
- Uses the native WordPress custom post type for ease of use and fast processing
- Uses the native WordPress metadata for ease of use and fast processing
- Text (type text, api returns text)
- Text Area (type text, api returns text)
- Number (type number, api returns integer)
- Email (type email, api returns text)
- Password (type password, api returns text)
- WYSIWYG (a wordpress wysiwyg editor, api returns html)
- Image (upload an image, api returns the url)
- File (upload a file, api returns the url)
- Select (drop down list of choices, api returns chosen item)
- Checkbox (tickbox list of choices, api returns array of choices)
- Radio Buttons ( radio button list of choices, api returns chosen item)
- True / False (tick box with message, api returns true or false)
- Page Link (select 1 or more page, post or custom post types, api returns the selected url)
- Post Object (select 1 or more page, post or custom post types, api returns the selected post objects)
- Relationship (search, select and order post objects with a tidy interface, api returns the selected post objects)
- Taxonomy (select taxonomy terms with options to load, display and save, api returns the selected term objects)
- User (select 1 or more WP users, api returns the selected user objects)
- Google Maps (interactive map, api returns lat,lng,address data)
- Date Picker (jquery date picker, options for format, api returns string)
- Color Picker (WP color swatch picker)
- Tab (Group fields into tabs)
- Message (Render custom messages into the fields)
- Custom (Create your own field type!)
The only WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework; designed to improve user experience and page speed.
Recommended by web hosts like: Page.ly, Synthesis, DreamHost, MediaTemple, Go Daddy, Host Gator and countless more.Download
Really Simple CAPTCHA does not work alone and is intended to work with other plugins. It is originally created for Contact Form 7, however, you can use it with your own plugin.
Note: This product is “really simple” as its name suggests, i.e., it is not strongly secure. If you need perfect security, you should try other solutions.Download
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.Download
Want to replace the old ← Older posts | Newer posts → links with some page links?
This plugin provides the
wp_pagenavi() template tag which generates fancy pagination links. See the installation instructions for using it in your theme.
WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO, this was true when Joost wrote his original WordPress SEO article in 2008 (and updated every few months) and it’s still true today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.Download
Jetpack simplifies managing WordPress sites by giving you visitor stats, security services, speeding up images, and helping you get more traffic. Jetpack is a free plugin.
Traffic Growth & Insights
Jetpack tells you how many visits your site gets and helps you get more traffic with tools like Related Posts, Publicize, Enhanced Distribution, and Sharing.
Jetpack protects your site against brute force attacks and unauthorised logins. We also monitor your site for downtime and keep your plugins updated.
Jetpack automatically optimizes and speeds up images using the global WordPress.com content delivery network. This saves you hosting costs by reducing bandwidth.
With Jetpack comes a centralized dashboard on WordPress.com. Manage plugins and menus, publish posts, and view enhanced site stats for all of your sites.
A few more things that our users love
Jetpack includes other features that help you customize your site including Custom CSS, Contact Forms, Galleries and Carousels, Notifications and Subscriptions, Configurable Widgets, and many more.
We have an entire team of happiness engineers ready to help you. Ask your questions in the support forum, or contact us directly.
Contributing to Jetpack
Jetpack is open-source and we actively encourage community contributions: whether it’s a compliment, bug report, code, or an idea we welcome it with open arms! Learn about contributing or consider joining our beta program.Download
The WordPress Importer will import the following content from a WordPress export file:
- Posts, pages and other custom post types
- Custom fields and post meta
- Categories, tags and terms from custom taxonomies
WordPress Gallery Plugin
NextGEN Gallery is the most popular WordPress gallery plugin, and one of the most popular WordPress plugins of all time, with over 13 million downloads.
It provides a powerful engine for uploading and managing galleries of images, with the ability to batch upload, import meta data, add/delete/rearrange/sort images, edit thumbnails, group galleries into albums, and more. It also provides two front-end display styles (slideshows and thumbnail galleries), both of which come with a wide array of options for controlling size, style, timing, transitions, controls, lightbox effects, and more.
The NextGEN Gallery WordPress gallery plugin is now proudly maintained by Photocrati Media. Special thanks to Alex Rabe who created and maintained NextGEN from 2007 through 2011.Download
All in One SEO Pack Optimises your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
First created in 2007, see why AIOSEO is the most downloaded plugin for WordPress.
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimises your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates meta tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimise your SEO
- You can override any title and set any meta description and any meta keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words sung most famously by Louis Armstrong: Hello, Dolly. When activated you will randomly see a lyric fromHello, Dolly in the upper right of your admin screen on every page.Download
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.Download
THE MOST DOWNLOADED WORDPRESS SECURITY PLUGIN
Wordfence starts by checking if your site is already infected. We do a deep server-side scan of your source code comparing it to the Official WordPress repository for core, themes and plugins. Then Wordfence secures your site and makes it up to 50 times faster.
Wordfence Security is 100% free and open source. We also offer a Premium API key that gives you Premium Support, Country Blocking, Scheduled Scans, Password Auditing and we even check if your website IP address is being used to Spamvertize. Click here to sign-up for Wordfence Premium now or simply install Wordfence free and start protecting your website.Download
The Google Analytics by Yoast plugin for WordPress allows you to track your blog easily and always stays up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
Full list of features:
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Gives you incredibly nice visitor metric dashboards right in your WordPress install.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
- Option to track internal links with a particular format as outbound links, very useful for affiliate links that start with /out/, for instance.
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Option to anonymize IP’s for use in countries with stricter privacy regulations.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages.
- Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Google Analytics issues.
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin that allows you to sell anything, beautifully. Built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, WooCommerce is the world’s favorite eCommerce solution that gives both store owners and developers complete control.
With endless flexibility and access to hundreds of free and premium WordPress extensions, WooCommerce now powers 30% of all online stores — more than any other platform.
Sell anything, anywhere
With WooCommerce, you can sell both physical and digital goods in all shapes and sizes, offer product variations, multiple configurations, and instant downloads to shoppers, and even sell affiliate goods from online marketplaces.
With premium extensions, you can offer bookings, memberships, and recurring subscriptions. Perhaps you’d like to sell monthly subscriptions for physical goods, or offer your members a discount on digital downloads? It’s all possible.
Ship wherever you like
Offer free shipping, flat rate shipping, or make real-time calculations. Limit your shipments to specific countries, or open your store up to the world. Shipping is highly configurable, and WooCommerce even supports drop shipping.
Extensive payment options
WooCommerce comes bundled with the ability to accept major credit cards, PayPal, BACS (bank transfers), and cash on delivery. Need additional options? More than 140 region-specific gateways integrate with WooCommerce, including popular choices like Stripe, Authorize.Net, and Amazon Payments.
You control it all — forever
WooCommerce gives you complete control of your store, from taxes to stock levels to customer accounts. Add and remove extensions, change your design, and switch settings as you please. It’s all under your control.
One of the biggest risks of using a hosted eCommerce platform is what happens to your store if the provider closes up shop. With WooCommerce, you have complete control, so there’s never any reason to worry. Your data belongs to you — and it’s kept secure, thanks to regular audits by industry leaders.
Define your style with Storefront
Storefront is a free WordPress theme available to any WooCommerce store. Along with deep WooCommerce integration, Storefront prioritizes speed and uptime while eliminating theme and plugin conflicts during major updates.
Define your style even further by customising Storefront to your liking or choosing from one of our several Storefront child themes. It’s all up to you, and all open source.Download
Regenerate Thumbnails allows you to regenerate the thumbnails for your image attachments. This is very handy if you’ve changed any of your thumbnail dimensions (via Settings -> Media) after previously uploading images or have changed to a theme with different featured post image dimensions.
You can either regenerate the thumbnails for all image uploads, individual image uploads, or specific multiple image uploads.Download